09.07Caddy Facelift looms closer
image by dan@biali
After six years and sales of nearly 800,000 units of the outgoing model, the new generation Caddy range promises to be more economical to run, with more safety features, enhanced quality and refinement, plus improved environmental credentials. These improvements aim to continue the Caddy’s success as one of Volkswagen’s best-selling models around the world – even as far away as Australia.
Visually, the new generation models are refreshed with the latest frontal styling found across all new Volkswagens, such as the latest Polo and Transporter. There are also new rear light clusters, plus roof rails available for the first time, and the option of cornering lights. It is a similar story inside, where new instruments, steering wheels and audio/navigation systems plus the option of Bluetooth connectivity enhance the Caddy range with more quality and style.
* Exterior facelift
* New interior styling, including steering wheels, instruments and trim
* New line-up of 75PS, 102PS and 140PS Euro 5-compliant engines
* Range will include a second-generation BlueMotion model with start-stop technology and energy recuperation
* Standard specification on all models will include ESP (electronic stability programme), Servotronic power steering, Daytime running lights, Emergency braking hazard warning lights, Gear-shift indicator
* Optional extras will include 4MOTION four-wheel drive, Bluetooth connectivity, Hill Start Assist, Cornering lights and new some option packages
New Engine Range
* Euro 5-compliant common-rail, four cylinder
* 75PS 1.6TDI, 102PS 1.6TDI, 110PS 2.0TDI with 4MOTION and five-speed manual transmission (available for Maxi only), 140PS 2.0TDI (six speed manual transmission) and an optional seven-speed semi-auto DSG transmission